Data Solution Owner, Direct Line Group
|Reference||36566275 VIA WOW BROMLEY|
|Date Posted||Sunday 11th November 2018|
|Closing Date||Saturday 8th December 2018|
Purpose of Role
This is a key role that will be accountable for the development and operations of Data Solution to drive maximum value from data for users and in line with DLG best practices. You will work as part of a cross-functional agile delivery team, including analysts, analytics modellers, data architects, big data engineers, and testers.
What being a Data Solutions Owner involves;
- Own the roadmap for the development of the data solution for an area of the business
- Lead solution design, development and support for the Data Solution across BI and analytics use cases.
- Manage our data asset for risk, capital and catastrophe modelling, including developing data pipelines to drive modelling, management of input and output data, management structured and unstructured data and managing model output data for consumption by different areas of the business.
- Develop data as a service capability, driving more self service by data consumers, enabled by automated data quality controls and clear data lineage in line with our platform standards.
- Work as part of the Data Solution Owners team to uphold and evolve common standards and best practices.
- Collaborate to ensure that our data solutions are complimentary and not duplicative.
- Work closely with Technology teams to ensure performance, support and change delivery meets our needs.
Skills and Qualities, you'll need
- Expert-level proficiency in one of the programming languages
- Demonstrated experience of working on various data integration tools
- Solid understanding of Enterprise patterns and applying best practices when integrating various inputs and outputs together at scale.
- Expert knowledge of data modelling and understanding of different data structures and their benefits and limitations
- Understanding and experience of AWS cloud storage and computing platform
- Experienced delivering projects in an Agile Environment
- Experience on any one of BI tools such as Tableau, Qlik, Looker.