Top 20 - Personal Tax Manager
|Reference||36606900 VIA WOW BROMLEY|
|Date Posted||Wednesday 14th November 2018|
|Closing Date||Thursday 13th December 2018|
|Salary||£48,000 - £55,000 per annum, negotiable, inc benefits|
Joining as Personal Tax Manager, based near Orpington, you will be responsible for managing a quality compliance and advisory service to a portfolio of tax cases, including HNWIs, non-resident and non-domiciled individuals through your team. You will prepare complex returns and review returns prepared by other members of the personal tax team. You will also take a lead in building relationships with your clients and deal with enquires in relation to their tax issues and look to identify areas for planning and advisory services, liaising with partners and the wider team to pass to the relevant specialists. You will carve a key role in this firms compliance and advisory team and progress in your personal tax career.
- To contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of tax services to the client
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Build relationships both within the firm and externally with clients, identifying opportunities and managing expectations
- Assisting the Director and Partners with the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken
- Responsible for day-to-day client liaison
- Maintaining a portfolio of private clients, ensuring that all aspects of their affairs are dealt with accurately and timely.
- Assisting clients with their wider tax compliance obligations
You will be any of ATT, CTA, ACCA, ACA qualified, or with a relevant, highly experienced background within taxation, with an ideal, personal tax career, gained within any sized accountancy firm environment, or specialist tax boutique.
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
- Experience of dealing confidently with a variety of personal clients
- An outgoing approach with the ability to build strong relationships both internally and with clients
- Enthusiastic, positive and willing attitude to work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Diligent, accurate and hands on approach to work
- Client focus and commercial awareness
- Project management skills to plan and prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Maintain adequate CPD in all areas of tax
- Flexible approach during busy periods
- Some experience in dealing with Inheritance Tax and Trust issues.