Litigation Account Manager - Legal Debt Recovery - Paralegal
|Reference||VIA WOW BROMLEY|
|Date Posted||Thursday 15th November 2018|
|Closing Date||Friday 14th December 2018|
|Salary||£17,000 to £24,000|
- Organised with great problem solving skills and either have good experience of handling your own caseload of litigated files or are eager to learn how.
- You like to be able to work with colleagues who are efficient, capable and good at what they do, just like you.
- You are prepared to muck-in and help team members if needed but enjoy working independently and taking responsibility for your files.
- GCSEs standard grade A-C in Mathematics and English (or equivalent).
- Ideally experience in handling undefended, litigated debt recovery claims.
- 1 year's experience working in a job which requires regular client contact.
- Ideally some legal training such as ILEX or a law degree, but this is not essential - work experience coupled with a desire to work in this area is suitable too.
- Work in a friendly and supportive team with colleagues who all have excellent experience and are good at what they do.
- You will manage an allocated case load of files in undefended cases, managing legal proceedings and enforcing Court judgements.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Filing of the relevant papers to the court service, using standard forms and documentation; instructing and briefing Counsel prior to hearings and ensuring enforcement of the judgement, including instruction of and liaising with the High Court Enforcement Officer where applicable; drafting charging order applications; issuing warrants and applying for attachment of earnings.
- You will also sometimes negotiate and record payment arrangements with the debtor.
How to Apply