Systems Engineer, Direct Line Group
|Reference||36696029 VIA WOW BROMLEY|
|Date Posted||Sunday 25th November 2018|
|Closing Date||Sunday 23rd December 2018|
|Salary||£48,000 - £58,000 per annum, negotiable, inc benefits|
Digital Systems Engineer
Why not join our Digital department here at Direct Line Group as we are currently recruiting an exciting opportunity to work as a Systems Engineer; from our head office in Bromley.
You will be responsible for building, maintaining and supporting infrastructure solutions for engineering teams within Digital and feed in to the infrastructure architectural solutions for new and proposed projects.
We are looking for someone who is proactive and will seek to identify improvements and efficiencies, while utilising new technologies and existing tools. You will own the architecture and technical system innovation and excellence within all system engineering activities across Digital.
What being a Digital Systems Engineer involves:
- Carry out system reviews to ensure accordance with architectural principles set out by and agreed within the team.
- Ensure capability is consistently shared across the team and, where appropriate, across other engineering teams.
- Work with third parties to resolve infrastructure issues in existence and proactively engage with vendors to ensure continued availability of systems for which the team is responsible.
- Own responsibility for resolving issues with existing infrastructure or tools set-up / owned by the team.
- Support and advise peers on best practise where the team is responsible for the support activities.
- Ensure that tasks which can be automated are automated to drive down cost and improve agility.
- Collaboratively manage and prioritise work across the team, as a team.
- Ensure all activity conforms to, at a minimum, industry best practise and where prescribed by Digital, or the wider DLG, conformity meets our prescribed standards for:
- Data Protection
- Ensure all activity is compliant and delivered within the project governance frameworks.
- Support DLG change management procedures as part of production releases
- Support Agile delivery principles across all of Digital ensuring best practice adoption around Continuous Integration, Scrum, Kanban, Continuous Delivery, DevOps and Change Management.
- Develop personal and the team capacity/capability through knowledge sharing sessions and pair programming.
- Ensure that any knowledge related to supported systems/platforms is documented and shared across the team (no single point of failure).
- Support and advise peers (Application Delivery, Engineering Managers, Solution Designers, Business Analysts etc.) to ensure the proposed solution fits with the overall system design principles and requirements are delivered.
- Supporting all systems, tools and platforms to ensure minimum downtime, user access control, audits, security and governance compliance.
- Manage and support all network systems (e.g. internet connectivity, WiFi, servers and workstations) ensuring compliance with all Digital and DLG standards.
Essential skills we are looking for
- Systems engineering (implementation) capapbility (Hosting infrastructure, Networking, Security, Engineering Tools, Analytics etc.) in AWS public cloud.
- Agile system engineering experience (competent and capable).
- Demonstrable experience of Digital change delivery across a range of devices.
- Demonstrable experience of supporting Digital experiences across web, mobile and apps.