Motor Underwriting Performance Manager, Direct Line Group
|Reference||84254869 VIA WOW BROMLEY|
|Date Posted||Monday 26th November 2018|
|Closing Date||Saturday 22nd December 2018|
What being a Underwriting Development Manager involves:
- Contribute to the creation, implementation, maintenance and control of the Motor Underwriting strategy to drive forward delivery of business plans, including business metrics and key customer metrics.
- Deliver expert technical and analytical underwriting support to achieve performance targets and the Underwriting strategy including managing the delivery of change within Pricing & Underwriting and across divisions.
- Manage underwriting footprint across all Motor channels, implementing underwriting rule (including referral rules) and rating changes to deliver key trading performance metrics, whilst ensuring adequate control of risk appetite. Identify opportunities for underwriting footprint development and new underwriting rule capability.
- Manage the identification of risk exposure trends through underwriting performance and mix monitoring, working with the Underwriting Development team and wider business to deliver mitigating actions. Ensure appropriate reporting is in place across relevant trading and risk forums.
- Manage the underwriting question set and underwriting data sources, including application fraud prevention measures, understanding and controlling their impact on key trading and customer metrics. Identify opportunities for question set, underwriting data and fraud prevention developments, and work with the Underwriting Development team to deliver change.
- Monitor the impact of the Motor product structure, including cover levels, excesses and terms and conditions, on key trading and customer metrics, identifying opportunities and working with the Underwriting Development team to deliver product change.
- Ensure Technical & Margin Pricing developments and changes in Pricing capability are appropriate for underwriting purposes, and that underwriting rules are aligned.
- Ensure appropriate Underwriting controls are in place and followed with respect to testing, implementing and adhering to wider company risk appetite.
- Liaise with a wide variety of teams in order to shape, own and deliver your team's priorities, working effectively with the wider Underwriting team, Category teams, wider Pricing and Underwriting teams and other areas.
- Manage and develop a team of underwriters.
Skills & qualities you'll need:
- Educated to degree level or with significant experience in Underwriting, along with experience in the general insurance market.
- Ideally DipCII qualified or equivalent professional qualification
- Strong and proven people management experience