Deskside Support Engineer - ITIL - Service Desk - Call Logging
|Reference||JS/PE/2887 VIA WOW BROMLEY|
|Date Posted||Tuesday 4th December 2018|
|Closing Date||Sunday 30th December 2018|
What being a Desk Side Support Engineer involves:
* Efficient and effective delivery of second and third line operational support including (but not limited to) desktop and client support, local server and network support, desk-side delivery and desk-side delivery and desk-side training of end users.
* Collect and maintain accurate, detailed information about all support tickets assigned to you in the ITSM tool to provide relevant information to other IT support teams and facilitate effective service management reporting.
* Own and resolve tickets raised via the Service Desk using the incident management and request fulfilment processes.
* Proactively support the investigation of problems and help identify workarounds, fixes and root causes. Implement solutions as agreed with the End User Support Manager and Problem Management Team.
* Manage user relationships and engage with the Service Delivery Team and third party providers as required
Skills and Qualities you will need:
* Excellent understanding and awareness of technology
* Good understanding and awareness of ITIL tools and processes
* At least one years experience of providing support in a similar role
* Customer focused
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills