Registered Nurse, BMI Chelsfield Hospital
|Reference||36775035 VIA WOW BROMLEY|
|Date Posted||Wednesday 5th December 2018|
|Closing Date||Saturday 5th January 2019|
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- NMC Registration
- Working knowledge of company hospital and departmental policies and procedures as they apply to the role.
- Post-registration experience in an acute setting
- Evidence of professional development and willingness to take on additional responsibilities
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of medical and surgical conditions.
- Experience in general surgery, orthopaedic and gynaecology.
- Must have mentorship.
Duties of this role include:
- To be responsible and accountable for the care of an assigned group of patients as described in the Corporate and Departmental Philosophies and the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- To deputise for the Ward Sister as required.
- To assist the Clinical Nurse Manager and Ward Sisters in any ongoing and new projects.
- To assist with the identification of training needs of junior health care assistants and ward clerks and assist in the meeting of these needs.
- To delegate work according to staff capabilities and competence.
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care.
- Recognize the significance of patient observations and maintain a pro-active approach in dealing with them.
- Maintain high standards of patient care throughout the patient’s journey, from admission to discharge, utilising care pathways.
- To deputize in the absence of a Sister in the daily management of the ward.
- To liaise with members of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure the holistic care of the patient
- To take a supervisory/teaching role with less experienced members of staff and students
- To continually seek improvement in working practice
- To advise patients on the promotion of health and the prevention of illness.
- To ensure patients being discharged have the information necessary for an uncomplicated recovery, including Howard Warwick questionnaires.