Digital UI Engineer, Direct Line Group
|Reference||36846466 VIA WOW BROMLEY|
|Date Posted||Saturday 15th December 2018|
|Closing Date||Monday 14th January 2019|
|Salary||£40,000 - £48,000 per annum, inc benefits|
Digital UI Engineer
Why not join our Digital department here at Direct Line Group as we are currently recruiting an exciting opportunity to work as a Digital UI Engineer; from our head office in Bromley.
This is a key role for a multi-skilled UI engineer. You will be creating and maintaining user interface updates (content, build, MVT Tests and defects) and initiate the process to publish into the production environments. Support and mentor less experienced members of the team to ensure widespread technical knowledge and experience.
What being a Digital UI Engineer involves:
- Champion the agile frameworks (Scrum and Kanban) within the team, ensure that Agile principles are practiced by peers and understood by stakeholders.
- Work proactively and collaboratively as part of a SCRUM/KANBAN team.
- Work with and manage code repositories when required.
- Complete all allocated tasks as prioritised and without incident or issue, in line with agreed timescales.
- Perform and complete cross browser compliance testing and accessibility testing to agreed standards within Digital.
- Provide relevant support to CIO development teams and teams within Digital Services.
- Ensure that quote functionality is still available to customers on legacy web sites following releases in the relevant environment.
- Support and mentor fellow team members.
- Research new technologies and their potential uses on the Direct Line Group web sites. Provide proof of concepts and advise the business of the relevant benefits of investing in these technologies prior to roll-out or implementation.
- Take ownership of own personal development and career progression.
- Identify, own and manage the risks involved in running our business appropriate to my role, in line with the company risk framework.
- Champion the agile frameworks (Scrum and Kanban) within the team, ensure that Agile principles are practised by peers and understood by stakeholders.
Essential skills we are looking for
- Experience of cross-browser compliance testing
- Understanding of accessibility testing
- Experience of responsive development
- Understanding of Agile principles
- Good knowledge of current and emerging development techniques (e.g. HTML frameworks)
- Good knowledge of current and emerging technologies
- Management of code repositories