1st Line Support
|Reference||36849071 VIA WOW BROMLEY|
|Date Posted||Sunday 16th December 2018|
|Closing Date||Tuesday 15th January 2019|
|Salary||£20,000 - £25,000 per annum|
An opportunity has arisen for a Tier 1 Support engineer to evolve and develop a career in a forward thinking, growing and progressive company, providing Cloud technology, Hosted services, on site and Remote support provision, and consultancy and support services.
My Client is looking for a talented engineer who is skilled and capable of working as part of a very busy team, as well as being able to remain autonomous and self-sufficient in order to support a wide range of servers and networks for small to medium sized businesses in a very fast paced organization.
· Extensive hands-on experience specifying/configuring/troubleshooting user and customer issues in a changing Windows Desktop and Server environment.
· Extensive experience of supporting and administrating Office 2003-2013, Windows XP-8, Windows Server and active Directory 2003-12 and Exchange 2003-13
· Experience of providing remote support for users and systems, including resolution of technical issues on the phone.
· Working knowledge of Backups strategies, technologies, tape rotation, and restore procedures
· Ability to support centrally controlled and standalone Antivirus software and architecture.
· Working knowledge of firewalls and network infrastructure.
· Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
· Superb customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal - displays commitment to resolving problems as quickly as possible, showing empathy to customers at all times.
· Excellent team player able to contribute ideas and support fellow team members at all times in ensuring a productive team
· Excellent operational experience, including ownership of Helpdesk system call allocation, prioritisation and escalation of issues.
· Proven Operational and technical knowledge and experience in Implementing first call resolution and completing known fix / workarounds where appropriate in order to deliver excellence in service levels
· Can-do, customer-focused attitude, willing to tackle any issues and resolve to seek solutions wherever possible
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Overall understanding and knowledge of IT systems and technologies
· Ability to multi task, handle high workloads and high call volumes in a busy working environment
· Sound Networking knowledge of TCP/IP.
· An understanding of MAC OS
· Understanding of, basic Server OS and application installations and technical support technologies (e.g. 2003-12, Exchange, Citrix, VMWare)
· Knowledge of security architectures especially with respect to e-commerce and the internet
· Good experience of Blackberry Enterprise Products