Lead Underwriting Analyst
|Reference||84661039 VIA WOW BROMLEY|
|Date Posted||Friday 28th December 2018|
|Closing Date||Monday 28th January 2019|
|Salary||Bonus and Benefits|
Working within the personal lines underwriting department of a major insurer, your role will be the lead analyst in a team that works on trading performance on a portfolio of motor business. This role works closely with the performance team to utilise data to make decision that will increase profitability, and ultimately take underwriting to the next level.
This is a change focused role where you will work with the wider underwriting department, and the business to ensure that underwriting tools, procedures, and performance are at an optimum.
Your duties as a lead underwriting analyst will include but not be limited to the following:
- Provide expert technical and analytical underwriting support to achieve performance targets and the Underwriting strategy including supporting the delivery of change within Pricing & Underwriting and across divisions.
- Evaluate benefits, make recommendations and ensure delivery of changes to underwriting rules (including referral rules) and rating across all [Product] channels, in order to deliver new capability and insight to drive improvements in underwriting footprint management and trading performance.
- Monitor the portfolio exposure to underwriting risk, including the recommending and monitoring of Key Risk Indicator thresholds, working with the Underwriting Performance team and wider business to deliver appropriate changes. Present appropriate reports across relevant trading and risk forums.
- Evaluate benefits, make recommendations and ensure delivery of changes to underwriting data sources and question sets, including application fraud prevention tools.
- Evaluate benefits, make recommendations and ensure delivery of changes to the product structure, including cover levels, excesses and terms and conditions, working with the Underwriting Performance team to understand impacts on key trading and customer metrics. Work with the Underwriting Strategy team on any new product development opportunities identified.
- Deliver changes to align underwriting rules with Technical & Margin Pricing developments and changes in Pricing capability.
- Liaise with a wide variety of teams in order to deliver your team's priorities, working effectively with the wider Underwriting team, Category teams, wider Pricing and Underwriting teams and other areas.