Trainee Desktop Support Technician - Training Provided
|Reference||36914381 VIA WOW BROMLEY|
|Date Posted||Tuesday 1st January 2019|
|Closing Date||Friday 1st February 2019|
|Salary||£18,000 - £24,000 per annum|
Key duties and responsibilities
To give you an overview of the role, it is expected that you will aid in providing appropriate and secure technological environment to fellow employees, so they can effectively provide services to customers. Likewise, the role entails working with the IT team to perform allocation and installation of IT equipment, diagnose issues, provide routine maintenance, and maintain inventory. For further understanding of the demands of the job, please refer below:
- Issuance and installation of hardware, making sure they are properly working and connected to the right network.
- Software installation and update, ensuring compatibility for satisfactory operation.
- Perform checks on desktop systems as required and initially diagnose issues that affect hardware or software and develop and implement a solution to resolve the problems.
- Assist in managing access to different company systems, making sure that process for changing passwords is followed and that security procedures are not by-passed.
- Provide support in the proactive maintenance and management of the company’s IT infrastructure and participate in IT-related project planning and implementation.
- Maintain meticulous records of each equipment connected to a network to easily identify which ones require maintenance or upgrades.
- Major issues must be escalated to the appropriate personnel or team following specified protocols.
- Communicate with third-party vendors/providers to receive proper support in relation to the lifecycle of IT products.
- Communicate with colleagues as needed to understand certain IT requirements for better customer service and recommend suitable IT/desktop solutions.
- Stay updated with industry trends and developments.
Qualifications and attributes
- Degree in IT or related course.
- Prior work experience is not necessary, so new graduates are encouraged to apply. Take note, however, that training has to be undertake to gain better understanding of the role and ensure proper preparation for the job.
- Knowledge of full server administration; system monitoring, diagnosis, and remediation; user management; operating systems; remote desktop services; cyber security; patching and documentation, just to name a few.
- Highly organised and capable of tackling multiple tasks, whilst meeting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively explain technological information to non-tech staff.
- Ability to work with and provide support to a team.