Site Manager / Finishing Manager
|Reference||84693940 VIA WOW BROMLEY|
|Date Posted||Friday 4th January 2019|
|Closing Date||Saturday 2nd February 2019|
|Location||Eden Park, Beckenham|
|Salary||£230 - £250 per day|
An extensive refurbishment and extension to a large residential unit
The Site Manager role
You will be reporting in to a visiting Project Manager and you will be responsible for the management of site operations from 2nd fix through to completion which includes the site team and incumbent contractors. Your role will include but not be limited to:
- Ensure compliance with the company's health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Review and approve risk assessments and method statements for all operations and ensure that all work is in accordance with method statements.
- Action remedial items
- Ensure that all materials are checked for damage and that they meet the required quality standards.
- On a weekly basis thoroughly inspect and perform a manager's snag to all parts of the project
- Monitor progress of the build programme to ensure construction methods and timescales are met and take corrective action to bring progress back in line.
- Hold weekly subcontract meetings using the standard meeting agenda. Discuss and resolve all actions and circulate minutes.
- Assess storage arrangements and incoming deliveries to reduce waste.
- Plan flow of materials to ensure all requirements are met.
- Agree and manage the equipment, plant, staffing and subcontract requirements for the site. Respond to all queries from trades and action accordingly.
- Maintain the highest standard of site presentation at all times.
- Manage the recruitment and induction of new employees in line with Company best practice guide.
- You will have gained circa 4+ years experience, ideally working for a small to medium works contractor as a Site Manager
- Have the correct CITB qualifications for the position i.e. Black CSCS Card and SMSTS.
- Be able to control multiple subcontractor packages and direct labour.
- Recent and relevant experience as a Site Manager
- Strong organisational skills with proven time management skills.