Head of Estimating, Construction
|Reference||ReferenceLHSE178Job VIA WOW BROMLEY|
|Date Posted||Thursday 10th January 2019|
|Closing Date||Friday 8th February 2019|
|Salary||£60000 - £70000/annum package + bonus|
The role will involve estimating residential concrete frame schemes from 30 to 100 units with tender opportunities coming from OJEU, various Housing Association Frameworks and private ventures. The successful candidate will be encouraged to input into all aspects of preconstruction and bidding. My client is is part of a group turning over £100m per year with over 2500 employees who work and partner with multiple Housing associations and Boroughs throughout London and the South East.
Key Accountabilities will include:
* Check and acknowledge bid documents and amendments.
* Develop a full set of BOQ’s based both on Sub Contract tender returns and/or own measures with rates applied.
* Develop risk analysis of the information provided/not provided by the Client.
* Review and ascertain costs associated with logistics, time frame etc.
* Complete Form of Tender and tender letter with any qualification and complete contract sum Analysis / Schedule if necessary.
* Identify scope of value engineering / value creation and identify tender risk.
* Experience as a key estimator with a Main Contractor undertaking similar work.
* Highly numerate, with the ability to build Bill of Quantities (BOQ’s) quickly and accurately.
* Understanding of costs differences associated with mixed tenure schemes.
* Experience of taking an Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) project from Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ) to winning the tender
* Knowledge or constructing high rise residential projects, building regulations, National House Building Control (NHBC) etc.